Skip to content

RIP Maggie 1998-2008

Today we put Maggie to sleep. It was sudden. She hadn’t been acting herself for a little while, and she seemed disinterested in food. She was walking around the house slowly and meowing loudly. We called the vet this morning and got an appointment at 1.

Turned out that her bad breath was a sign of kidney problems, so they took blood. And we waited for the results. And her kidneys had completely failed.

She passed peacefully with her mommy petting her at around 3:30PM. She’s climbing trees in kitty heaven now. And swatting at strangers trying to pet her.

You’re already missed, kitten.

8 Comments

1. Charles wrote:

It’s tough losing a pet.

My sincere sympathies.

Saturday, November 1, 2008 at 7:44 pm | Permalink
  2. mynn wrote:

So sorry to hear. She’s beautiful, and sounds like she brought you many years of joy.

Saturday, November 1, 2008 at 7:49 pm | Permalink
  3. Very sorry to hear. :( One of my kitties had cancer and had to be put down a little while ago. I posted about it at http://www.psychochild.org/?p=163

I’ve felt your loss before. You have my sympathies.

Saturday, November 1, 2008 at 8:30 pm | Permalink
  4. Michelle G wrote:

I’m so sorry. :( I’m glad she went peacefully.

Saturday, November 1, 2008 at 10:31 pm | Permalink
  5. Chrissy wrote:

I’m so sorry, you guys. *hugs*

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 12:11 am | Permalink
  6. sj wrote:

Oh, I’m so sorry.
    Remember- you gave her a good kitty life!

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 4:05 pm | Permalink
  7. Jen C wrote:

I’m sorry, guys. That’s how Noodles went too, but Maggie was lucky to have you get her in there before she was as bad off as Noddles was. I know how it feels, and I’m so sorry. *HUG* She was lucky to have you.

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 4:15 pm | Permalink